Dr. Ioannis Chatzigeorgiou, Lecturer
Email: Email hidden
Phone: +44 1524 510304
Office B43, InfoLab21
Lancaster LA1 4WA
Ioannis works on the mathematical modeling, error probability analysis and design of forward error-correcting codes, iterative detection and decoding techniques, mutliple-input multiple-output (MIMO) communications, cooperative systems and low-complexity relay-assisted networks. He has also contributed to research on scalable and resilient contention-based MAC protocols for wireless access control.
Research themes: Communications and networking
- Resource allocation frameworks for network-coded layered multimedia multicast services. In IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 33 (2): 141-155, 2015.
- Conditions for cooperative transmission on Rayleigh fading channels. In Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Fall), 2014 IEEE 80th, IEEE, 2014.
- Bounds on the Lambert function and their application to the outage analysis of user cooperation. In IEEE Communications Letters, 17 (8): 1505-1508, 2013.
- Exact and Asymptotic Outage Probability Analysis for Decode-and-Forward Networks. In IEEE Transactions on Communications, 59 (2): 376-381, 2011.
- Scalable Cross-Layer Wireless Access Control Using Multi-Carrier Burst Contention. In IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 29 (1): 113-128, 2011.
- Analysis and Design of Punctured Rate-1/2 Turbo Codes Exhibiting Low Error Floors. In IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 27 (6): 944-953, 2009.